We admit children according to the London Borough of Bromley’s admission policy during the school year in which they will be 5 years old (between 1st September and 31st August).
All children will be permitted to start in the September following their 4th birthday. Parents/Guardians of children born on or after 1st March have the option of choosing a January start for their child.
Parents can request that the date their child is admitted to the School is deferred until later in the School year or until the child reaches compulsory school age. Where entry is deferred, admission authorities must hold the place for that child and not offer it to another child. Parents can also request that their child attends part-time until the child reaches compulsory school age but this must be in discussion with the Head Teacher and in the best interests of the child.Admissions Arrangements 2017/2018 Click Here - Admission Arrangements 2017 / 2018 Admissions Appeals Timetable 2017/2018 Click Here - Appeals Timetable 2017/2018 Adminssions Appeals - Primary Guidance Notes Click Here - Admissions Appeal Notes - KS1 Admissions (Aquinas) Appeals Application Form Click Here - Appeals Application Form
Our school aims to develop confident, caring and well-educated individuals who love learning and achieve personal success. We want all individuals to feel positive about themselves and others and to develop a firm understanding of Christian Values and to display these in their everyday lives.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Creating, through detailed planning and enthusiastic delivery, a broad and balanced curriculum, where work is matched to a child’s ability through continuous assessment and the provision of equal opportunities. This helps us to ensure all children reach their full potential.
- Promoting self-esteem and confidence through being able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Developing the practical skills to use ICT effectively, embracing the ever-evolving nature of ICT in our world.
- Enabling each child to acquire skills of literacy and numeracy and promote interest and enthusiasm in the wider curriculum.
- Promoting high standards of behaviour, where children are expected to behave with courtesy, friendliness and respect to others.
- Providing a welcoming, safe environment and stimulating curriculum, where children want to learn, feel valued and secure, and are able to develop creative, enquiring minds.
- Fostering the development of the whole child through Christian teaching: spiritual, moral, social and cultural.
- Establishing an effective partnership between home, school, church, and the community, for the benefit of the children’s education and the creation of community spirit and pride.
We invite all children to come to school for a series of new entrants’ taster sessions during the term before they are due to start in Reception. Parents are also invited to have an informal discussion with the Head Teacher and Class Teacher and home visits are arranged with the Reception class Teacher and Family Liaison Officer. Applications for Admission are dealt with by the Local Authority Admissions Team - www.bromley.gov.uk Parents who are considering applying for the admission of their children are very welcome to view the school, by appointment, at any time while it is in session. Prospective parents wishing to speak to the Head Teacher should telephone for an appointment.